• McDonnell’s Lane

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos taken by Gerry Ahern 2010 Street View of McDonnell’s Lane  Occupiers: Tommy Fox, J. Nolan, John Lawless, Phonsie Noone, Christy Archer (last male barber), Ms. Keating (barber) Walsh Family; They had ...
  • Bridge St.

      Information on the History of each Building  Name of the man with his dog?? Construction Workers who built Brownes Names: ? View of upper Bridge Street and a section of the Market Square. Then NOW a view of lower ...
  • Court Lane

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos Taken in 2010 by Gerry Ahern The part of the building on the right  was formally a thatched house owned by Patrick Duffy; Joe Keating had a garage there leased from ...
  • Arch Area

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos Taken in 2010 by Gerry Ahern Was first owned by P.J. Finnerty who operated a hardware business; The Arch Bar. John and Mrs Murphy bought it in 1950s. They ran a ...
  • Old Church St. (West Side)

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos Taken in 2010 by Gerry Ahern View of Old Church Street – West Side J Glynn’s Bar established in 1896  House built by Pat Kelly Castlelambert for Thomas Heavy, the  Saddler, ...
  • Old Church St. (East Side)

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos Taken by Gerry Ahern in 2010   Was Dempseys Butchers, then Barney Carroll, then Finnertys and presently Mike Walsh (Butchers) Julia Morrissey Grocery, Helen O’Flynn, Jimmy Nolan, China Palace, Was McInerneys, ...
  • Cross St. (West Side)

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos taken by Gerry Ahern in 2010  Jane Quinn had a sweet shop and hairdressing salon. She married Jackie Monaghan who had a daughter Sheila Ann. Patsy and Margaret Shaughnessy and family ...
  • Cross St. (East Side)

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos Taken by Gerry Ahern in 2010  AIB Bank. Formerly Munster and Leinster Bank. Before that Athenry Post Office. Postmaster: Hugh Griffin. Staff: Kate Heneghan on counter, Kitty Lardiner, telephonist Stephen Harris ...
  • The Canton Hall 1929-1935

      The Canton Hall, Church Street, Athenry. _____________________ Meetings and Minutes
  • Market Square

      Information on the History of each Building  Photos taken by Gerry Ahern in 2010 Was Carmel Rooney’s fashion Shop and formerly a drapery shop owned by Sally and Madge O’Flynn Supermac’s. Owned by Martin Lynch (RIP) before Supermacs. Originally ...