Clarke Street (West Side)
Information on each Building
Photos taken in 2010 by Gerry Ahern
Hennelly Family; Nolan Family bought it in 1911. They rented it to various families – McGuinness family; Patrick and May Nolan lived there in 1939 as does their daughter, Muriel today (2017)
Owned by Dick and Nora Murphy; Owned now by their son, Richard.
Owned by Sweeneys who later rented it to Nurse Gresham; bought by Michael and Mary Somers.
Built by dick Murphy; Co-operative in the 1900s; used as training venue by Athenry 1916 Volunteers; later a cinema and dance hall operated by Dick Murchy; bought by Athenry Community Council in late 1970s.
____________________________________________
Clarke Street (East Side)
Information on each House
Three houses together (built in first decade of 21st century) near Fire Station.
- Melia’s – Joanne Melia and Johyn Joe Costello.
- John and Kay Spelman and family
- Poniard’s House and rented to various tenants, present tenant is John Scully.
House built in the 1960s and owned by Bobby and Claire Gardner.
House built in the 1960s by Garda Superintendent Michael Munnelly and his wife, Baby. Now owned by Gerry and Mary O’Neill.
House built in the 1960s by Dr. Peadar and Mary Finnerty (Teacher in Athenry Vocational School).
House built in the 1960s by Jim and Rene Kearns.





